Academy Name: 2013-2014



Academy Director: Keith Wallace




Academy Teacher Team & Schedule:


Teacher's NameKeith Wallace
Course(s) TaughtCommunication Technology 1
Period Taught2nd, 5th, 7th
Keith Wallace
Communication Technology 2
1st, 4th
Keith Wallace
Communication Technology 3, Advanced Applications
3rd, 5th(Adv. App.)
Daniel Rodriguez
English 1
4th
Diane Schaefer
English 2
5th
Pamela Hicks
English 3
7th
Sheila Cruz
English 4
4th






*Please upload your supporting documents in the column below for each standard.

ACADEMY STANDARD

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION

Standard 1: Integrated Curriculum / Projects


Curriculum In Action:
Can be scheduled for the end of April - beginning of May 3rd period 9:30-10:15 3rd year students
Curriculum In Action:
Can be scheduled for the end of April - beginning of May 4th period 10:15-11:10 2nd year students
Standard 2: Career Focus
Grade 9:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Career research paper within Graphics.

Grade 10:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Schedule Poster for Sports team Last year's poster placed 5th in the country in the NWCA Graphics Awards:
schedule2012-13flat.jpg
This year's poster:
schedule2013-14-flat.jpg
Grade 11:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Field Trip to Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Exposition 10/25/13 Orange County Convention Center
T-shirt design for HS Wrestling team
TDcancerprofilephoto.jpg
Grade 12:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Field Trip to Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Exposition 10/25/13 Orange County Convention Center
PAF_Winners_2013.jpgSGIA13expo.jpgSGIA13flatbed.jpg
Standard 3: Program of Study

Standard 4: Advisory Committee
next meeting 5/21/14
Standard 5: Enrollment
Information to be pulled by district.
9th - 19
10th - 31
11th - 17
12th - 12
total - 79
Standard 6: Pure Schedule
9th: 10 out of 19 for 53%
10th: 17 out of 31 for 55%
11th: 7 out of 17 for 41%, 3 out of 17 in AP English for 18%, combined 10 out of 17 for 59%
12th: 4 out of 13 for 31%, 3 out of 13 in AP English for 23%, combined 7 out of 13 for 54%
Standard 7: Common Planning / Collaboration
10th and 11th grade teachers are new this year (one of them was hired well into the year, as the previous teacher was moved to the district office)
There is still not common planning among our core teachers and the academies at the high school. Therefore most of the communication is done through email. We are looking into having a meeting time for all core teachers and the academy teachers as the academies share the same core teachers.
Standard 8: Staff Development
If the integration budget allows, we as a school plan to work on integration together, as all of the Academies share core teachers.

Academy Director attended all Director workshops for the 13-14 school year.
Standard 9: Articulation
Deltona High Showcase 2/6/14, Volusia County HS showcase 12/12/13.
AGADboard.JPG
Standard 10: Workbased Learning
Grade 9:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba

Grade 10:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba

Grade 11:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Field Trip to Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Exposition 10/25/13 Orange County Convention Center
T-shirt design for HS Wrestling team
TDcancerprofilephoto.jpg
Grade 12:
School based copy center
Print Association of Florida (PAF) Awards July 26th 2013 (Only allowed 15 entries per school) Awards for 2014 tba
Field Trip to Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Exposition 10/25/13 Orange County Convention Center
PAF_Winners_2013.jpgSGIA13expo.jpgSGIA13flatbed.jpg
Standard 11: Capstone Project
9th grade: Magazine Production (1st 9weeks: design) (4th 9 weeks: production)
10th grade: Package Design (4th 9 weeks)
11th grade: Label Design (4th 9 weeks)
12th grade: Design Portfolio (entire year - include projects from 9th-12th grade)
Standard 12: Marketing
shirts.JPG
Final Evaluation: